Skip to main content

The Bites of the Termites

Being a bookworm solely is sufficient reason to hate the termites, at least for me. They eat my books, my notes, my papers and everything I have. Books particularly were my life-long personal properties. I owned nothing except some books in my whole life and they used to destroy it. That's why I say, they destroy everything. That's why I hate them much. I ever treated them as bitter enemies. We are Cain and Able while needless to say I stood for Able who was biblically in victim's side. On the face of it, they seemed to be victims. They never escaped alive once they appeared in my sight. I am generally no cruel though I became merciless to them. I even enjoyed killing them. But they were not likely to be extinct. I hope the world without termites. I questioned God why he or she created that nonsense little things even though he or she was idle. Then he or she answered nothing, as usual or always and I hated the termites even more. They probably were in the favour of God. In short, I am a bookworm who strongly hates the termites. I wrote down my slogan on my whiteboard. Hostile the termites!


I love my mother who was my bosom ally through my anti-termites crusade. She could kill much more enemies than I did. (In fact, I successfully killed only one or two termites in my whole life.) She once used petroleum campaign on the enemies and I was highly impressed her. It hit them as bad as the Holocaust. That was in my early childhood days and she became my heroine by then. The termites were scared to death her deadly chemical weapon. They were dizzy, vomited and ran hysterically on my antique bed and around the floor though no one could manage to escape. I was gratifying to witness the inferno in somehow sadist mood. I then could declare proudly my bed is termite free zone. I saluted my Mum and she noticed me I should keep my bed clean. But there were plenty of books on my bed. A few survivor termites secretly hid in various books, recruited in silent mode and waited patiently to make some guerrilla strikes to me. They were never completely eliminated from my stricken bed. I suffered one or two more revolution. Thankfully, my Mum always helped me with all her heart. In other cases, she chased a giant cockroach once and many aggressive grasshoppers in my bedding net and kicked them away for the sake of me. I had no slightest idea how to tackle the danger of those insects without her kind and bold interventions. For the time being, I no more can hope any protections from my Mum and quite embarrassed. I am currently living with my Dad. Here again, my Dad was cleaning the termites from the pile of newspapers. I never witnessed my Dad killing an animal and insects are no exception. He was just blowing them as if he is avoiding to make any harm to them. I felt sudden hatred wondering I never escaped from these termite warriors. My Dad then went out carrying that pile of newspapers and I found myself alone in the room. I closed my book and stood up. I bitterly smashed my historical enemies that were running aimlessly on the floor by my bare feet. I had no chemical weapon like my Mum though I now had strongest hatred to them. I indulged myself till they turned into pieces and I swept them away.


While I was taking a bath, I wondered about that white ants or God’s nonsense creatures. It became a nightmarish hatred of mine. I massacred them for the first time in my life and I felt some relief. But I still hate them in great intensity. They ate my books, my notes, my papers and everything I had. I still feel my whole body was tormented by many termite-bites. My beloved Mum protected against them and so did my Dad. These small devils are exact nuisance and the chronic pain in the neck. They were biting, eating and destroying me. My mind was fueling itself until I stopped my thoughts. I finished my bath and prepared to cook some rice, feeling awkward. At last, my Dad appeared in the door holding a pack of potatoes. For the first time in my life, I ironically happened to thank the termites for not eating the whole pile of the papers. My Dad gave me the potato pack so that I could fry for our dinner. I started the fire, chuckling.

Tazar (Moonlitpath)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ဂမၻီရၾကက္ေျခ

ဤကမၻာေျမကို ေနာက္သို႔လွည့္ခိုင္းၿပီး အရာရာအသစ္ကျပန္စခြင့္ရွိရင္ အရင္လိုေမွ်ာ္လင့္ခ်က္နဲ႔ ရွင္သန္အားေမြးလိုက္ခ်င္… ။ (ေက်ာ္ဟိန္း) အ၀တ္အထည္ ကိုယ္တစ္ခုဟူေသာ စကားမွ (ေသးေသးေကြးေကြး) ကိုယ္ခႏၶာတစ္ခုသာ အက်ဳံး၀င္ၿပီး အ၀တ္အစားမွ်ပင္ မကပ္ဘဲ ေမြးဖြားလာခဲ့ရၿပီးသည့္ေနာက္ မိမိ၏ ပိုင္ဆိုင္မႈစစ္စစ္တစ္ခုအျဖစ္ ဤကမၻာေျမႀကီးတြင္ လက္ဆုပ္လက္ကိုင္ ျပစရာဟူ၍ လက္သီးဆုပ္လိုက္သည့္အခါတိုင္း လက္ဖ၀ါးထဲတြင္ က်စ္က်စ္ပါေအာင္ ဆုပ္ကိုင္မိေနေသာ ဂမၻီရၾကက္ေျခတစ္ခုသာ သူ႔ တြင္ရွိသည္။ လက္ဖ၀ါးျပင္တြင္ နက္႐ႈိင္းထင္ရွားစြာ ေနရာယူထားေသာ ၾကက္ေျခခတ္တစ္ခု။ လက္သီးဆုပ္လိုက္ခ်ိန္တိုင္း ထိုအရာအား ဆုပ္ကိုင္ေနမိေၾကာင္း သူ အစဥ္အျမဲ သတိျပဳေနခဲ့မိသည္။ ထိုအရာသည္ သူ၏ ပိုင္ဆိုင္မႈစစ္စစ္တစ္ခု ျဖစ္သည္။ သူ၏ ေမြးရာပါ ဥစၥာဓန ျဖစ္သည္။ စင္စစ္ သူက ေရြးခ်ယ္ ရယူထားခဲ့ျခင္းမဟုတ္ဘဲ အလိုလိုရရွိခဲ့ေသာ စြမ္းအင္တစ္ခုသာ ျဖစ္ပါသည္။ ၎သည္ တစ္စံုတစ္ေယာက္က ေရးျခစ္ထားေသာ သာမန္ၾကက္ေျခခတ္တစ္ခုမွ် မဟုတ္ဘဲ စြမ္းအင္တစ္မ်ဳိး ကိန္းေအာင္းေနသည့္ ေမွာ္ဆန္ဆန္အမွတ္အသားတစ္ခုသာ ျဖစ္ေၾကာင္း သူ ေကာင္းစြာ သိရွိခဲ့ၿပီးျဖစ္သည္။ ထိုစြမ္းအင္သည္ သူကိုယ္တိုင္ ေရေရရာရာ မသိရသည့္ အရပ္တစ္ခ

“တပင္ေရႊထီး၏ အပ္စိုက္စမ္းသပ္မႈ”

“လက္သည္းၾကားတြင္ အပ္စိုက္၍ တူႏွင့္ရိုက္ကာ စမ္းသပ္၏။ ေနာက္မတြန္႔သူကိုသာ သူရဲေကာင္းအျဖစ္ ေရြးခ်ယ္၏” ငယ္စဥ္ဘ၀က ျမန္မာ့သမိုင္းမွာ ဒီလို သင္ၾကားခဲ့ရဖူးပါတယ္။ ဒါကို ျမန္မာ့ရာဇ၀င္သူရဲေကာင္း ဘုရင့္ေနာင္...လို႔ ကာလအေတာ္ၾကာကထဲက ကၽြန္ေတာ္ အမွတ္မွားေနခဲ့မိပါတယ္။ ဒီအေၾကာင္းကို ေ၀ဖန္မယ္လုပ္ေတာ့ မေသခ်ာတာနဲ႔ ေမးစမ္းၾကည့္ေတာ့လည္း အေျဖမွန္မရခဲ့ဘူး။ ျမန္မာ၀ီကီကိုလည္း ေမ့ေနခဲ့တယ္။ အမွန္က ဒီလိုစမ္းသပ္တဲ့ ျမန္မာဘုရင္ဟာ “တပင္ေရႊထီး” ျဖစ္ပါတယ္။ အက်ဥ္းခ်ဳပ္ကို ျမန္မာ၀ီကီမွ တစ္ဆင့္ ျပန္လည္ေဖာ္ျပေပးလိုက္ပါတယ္။ နန္းတက္ျပီး ႏွစ္ႏွစ္ေက်ာ္အၾကာ၊ အသက္ ၁၇ ႏွစ္အရြယ္ေရာက္လွ်င္ တပင္ေရႊထီးမွာ နားထြင္းျခင္း၊ေသွ်ာင္ထံုးျခင္း အမႈတို႕ကို ျပဳခ်ိန္ေရာက္လာခဲ့သည္။ထိုသို႕ေသာအခ်ိန္တြင္ တပင္ေရႊထီးမွာ ထူးဆန္းေသာ အၾကံတို႕ျဖစ္လာသည္။ အျခားမဟုတ္၊ ရန္သူဟံသာဝတီ မင္း သုရွင္တကာရြတ္ပိ၏ ပိုင္နတ္ေနျပည္ေတာ္အနီးတြင္ရွိသည့္ ေရႊေမာေဓာ ဘုရားရင္ျပင္တြင္ ထိုနားထြင္းျခင္း၊ ေသွ်ာင္ထံုးျခင္း တို႕ကို ျပဳလုပ္လိုျခင္းျဖစ္သည္။ အခ်ိဳ႕ေသာမွဴးမတ္တို႕က အလြန္ရန္မ်ားလွသည္ေၾကာင့္ မလိုအပ္ပဲ မစြန္႕စားရန္ ေလွ်ာက္တင္ေသာ္လည္း၊ ေယာက္ဖေတာ္ ေက်ာ္ထင္ေနာ္ရထာက ဆႏၵရွိလွ်င္ သြ

အ႐ူးေရာဂါႏွင့္ မ႐ူးတ႐ူးျပႆနာ

အဂၤလိပ္စကားတြင္ “ရူး” သည့္အေၾကာင္း ရည္ညႊန္းလိုသည့္အခါ ေယဘုယ်အားျဖင့္ ႏွစ္ခါျပန္ မစဥ္းစားဘဲ ပါးစပ္သင့္ရာ အလြယ္တကူ ေျပာဆိုသံုးႏႈန္းတတ္သည့္ စကားလံုး ႏွစ္လံုးရွိပါသည္။ Psychotic ႏွင့္ Neurotic တို႔ ျဖစ္ၾကပါသည္။ ျမန္မာစကားတြင္မူ ႐ူးသည္၊ စိတ္မႏွံ႔ျဖစ္သည္၊ က်ပ္မျပည့္ျဖစ္သည္၊ ေဂါက္သည္ မွအစ အခုေနာက္ပိုင္းတြင္ လူငယ္ အသံုးအျဖစ္ ဆိုက္ကို၀င္သည္ ဟုပါ ကျပားအသံုးအႏႈန္းမ်ား က်ယ္က်ယ္ျပန္႔ျပန္႔ သံုးစြဲလာၾကသည္။ Psychotic ကို “အျပင္းစား စိတ္ေရာဂါ”၊ Neurosis ကို “အႏုစား စိတ္ေရာဂါ” ဟု ေက်ာင္းတုန္းက အလြယ္ မွတ္ခဲ့ရဖူးသည္။ “ကုမရသည့္ အရူး“ ႏွင့္ “ကု၍ရသည့္ အရူး” ဟုလည္း မွတ္သားဖူးသည္။ စိတ္ပညာအရ “အရူးေရာဂါ” Psychosis ႏွင့္ “မရူးတရူး ျပႆနာ” Neurosis  တို႔၏ ကြဲျပားပံုကို ေလ့လာၾကည့္ပါမည္။ Psychosis (အ႐ူးေရာဂါ) စိတ္ပညာရပ္ ေဘာင္အတြင္း အက်ံဳး၀င္သည့္ ေ၀ါဟာရတစ္ခုျဖစ္ေသာ Psychosis သည္ ပံုမွန္ လူမႈေရး လုပ္ေဆာင္ခ်က္မ်ားကို ဆိုးဆိုးရြားရြား ျဖစ္လာေစသည့္ အရွိတရားႏွင့္ ဆက္သြယ္ခ်က္ ဆံုး႐ႈံးသြားေသာ စိတ္အေျခအေနကို ေခၚညႊန္းသည့္ ပညာရပ္ဆိုင္ရာ ေ၀ါဟာရတစ္ခု ျဖစ္ပါသည္။ အဆိုပါ စကားလံုးကို Ernst Von Reuchtersleben   ဆိုသူက “ရူးသြပ္မႈ”